When Should I Take BCAAs? #QoW
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
When Should I Take BCAAs?
BCAA’s are Branch Chain Amino Acids. They are essential amino acids (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) combined in an optimal 2:1:1 ratio to supplement a high protein diet. Because BCAAs are designed to improve exercise performance and reduce muscle breakdown, they’re best added to a shake or taken separately before exercise.
You can mix Neat Nutrition BCAAs with just water and drink, allowing the amino acids to reach your muscles as soon as possible. Once you’ve finished your workout, your usual post exercise shake will help top up those aminos and leave your muscles in tip-top shape for recovery.
BCAAs aren’t required for everyone. If you’re weight training, you should definitely consider the extra supplement, if not, there may be a supplement better suited to your goals.
- Get to Know our Ambassadors: Dr Nick
- Women's Health Series: Cervical Cancer and Screening
- How Do the Lungs Respond to Exercise?
- More Neat Ambassador’s Favourite Healthy Eateries in London
- 3 Outdoor HIIT Workouts for Spring
- 5 Green Shakes for St Patrick’s Day
- Technology and Your Best Life
- Women's Health Series: Contraception
- Balance Festival: What to Expect
- Protein Packed Substitutes for Your Favourite Chocolate Bars