How Much Protein Should I Have Per Day? #QoW
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
How Much Protein Should I Have Per Day?
How much protein you should have in your diet depends on a variety of factors: your lifestyle, age, muscle mass, how much exercise you do and what your fitness goals are. If you train regularly you should be aiming for 1-2g of protein per kg of body weight.
Lets use the example Dr. Nick used in his protein blog: We’ll aim for a halfway point and say 1.6g/kg is an average amount of protein and we’ll use an average man who weighs 75kg. So:
75(kg) x 1.6(g/kg) = 120 grams of protein a day
This is, of course, just a guide, and protein comes from a variety of sources. Nothing is 100% protein, an average chicken breast will give you around 25-30g of protein per 100g. If you’re following a vegan diet, you may find eating enough protein slightly harder than someone who is a meat eater, or even pescatarian/vegetarian.
- Women's Health Series: Amenorrhoea or Absent Periods
- Rihanna Workout Playlist
- How to Keep Organised as a Busy Mum
- All You Need To Know About Surfcations
- Get to Know our Ambassadors: Dr Nick
- Women's Health Series: Cervical Cancer and Screening
- How Do the Lungs Respond to Exercise?
- More Neat Ambassador’s Favourite Healthy Eateries in London
- 3 Outdoor HIIT Workouts for Spring
- 5 Green Shakes for St Patrick’s Day