Will Protein Help Me Build Muscle Faster? #QoW
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
Will Protein Help Me Build Muscle Faster?
Protein can certainly help, but there are plenty of other factors that will have more of an effect on your muscle growth. Your overall diet will be an important consideration but probably the biggest influence on building muscle will be your exercise routine.
If building muscle is your main aim in training, speak to your trainer or gym staff about a plan that will work towards your goals. They should be able to not only devise a programme but also discuss diet with you. A protein supplement will be a good addition to this.
If building muscle is not your goal, a protein supplement will not give you muscles on its own! We’ve discussed the ‘will it make me bulky’ question here. In short, you need to be lifting heavy weights and following a specific exercise plan in order to gain.
- Get to Know our Ambassadors: Dr Nick
- Women's Health Series: Cervical Cancer and Screening
- How Do the Lungs Respond to Exercise?
- More Neat Ambassador’s Favourite Healthy Eateries in London
- 3 Outdoor HIIT Workouts for Spring
- 5 Green Shakes for St Patrick’s Day
- Technology and Your Best Life
- Women's Health Series: Contraception
- Balance Festival: What to Expect
- Protein Packed Substitutes for Your Favourite Chocolate Bars