Why Is Our Vegan Protein a Pea and Hemp Blend? #QoW
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
Why Is Our Vegan Protein a Pea and Hemp Blend?
A lot of vegan proteins will consist of one core protein source: hemp, pea, soy and brown rice are common ones. At Neat Nutrition, we decided to mix pea and hemp together for our vegan protein blend.
Hemp has a more comprehensive blend of the essential amino acids your body needs than other protein sources. Essential amino acids are those you get from your diet rather than your body making them.
Meanwhile, pea protein is closest to a whole food source and is high in lysine, which is an amino acid that many vegans lack in their diet. Lysine is used in the production of carnitine – which your body uses to make energy from fat. It also assists the body in its absorption of calcium and production of collagen.
We mix 80% pea protein with 20% hemp protein for a blend that’s optimum for you. Plus, it tastes great!
- Get to Know our Ambassadors: Dr Nick
- Women's Health Series: Cervical Cancer and Screening
- How Do the Lungs Respond to Exercise?
- More Neat Ambassador’s Favourite Healthy Eateries in London
- 3 Outdoor HIIT Workouts for Spring
- 5 Green Shakes for St Patrick’s Day
- Technology and Your Best Life
- Women's Health Series: Contraception
- Balance Festival: What to Expect
- Protein Packed Substitutes for Your Favourite Chocolate Bars