Do You Have To Work Out to Take Protein?
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
Do You Have to Work Out to Take Protein?
Not at all! Protein is great for helping to repair those muscles you strain during exercise, however the two are not mutually exclusive. Some people may struggle to get enough protein in their diet and will choose to take a supplement to make sure the body is getting what it needs. This is really common in those following a vegan diet as often, protein is less abundant in vegan foods.
Protein has also been shown to satiate hunger and keep you feeling fuller for longer. So regardless if you exercise or not, protein shakes can be an alternative breakfast or healthier alternative between meals than reaching for junk food.
- Get to Know our Ambassadors: Dr Nick
- Women's Health Series: Cervical Cancer and Screening
- How Do the Lungs Respond to Exercise?
- More Neat Ambassador’s Favourite Healthy Eateries in London
- 3 Outdoor HIIT Workouts for Spring
- 5 Green Shakes for St Patrick’s Day
- Technology and Your Best Life
- Women's Health Series: Contraception
- Balance Festival: What to Expect
- Protein Packed Substitutes for Your Favourite Chocolate Bars