Tis the season for lovely comfort food that you can share with the family, but what about doing things a little differently this year?
Team Neat pal, Hannah Potter, put together a christmas pudding with a twist. For her, the sweet scent of oranges, and a cheeky chocolate, are two of the main foodie features of any Christmas menu, so she just had to combine the two!
Grease and line an oven-proof bowl, and preheat the oven to 150c.
This one is really easy to make; simply, combine all of the dry ingredients (bread crumbs, protein powder, flour, cocoa, baking powder, sweetener dry fruit) and then add in the wet ingredients.
Mix until well combined and pour in to the prepared bowl and bake for 50minutes.
Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the bowl. Take the cake out of the bowl (carefully!) and make or melt the chocolate before pouring over the top.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
- 1 slice of gluten free sourdough loaf made in to breadcrumbs
- 20g of natural sweetener (I used Truvia)
- 100g of egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 a scoop of Neat Nutrition Protein (Vanilla)
- 1 scoop of unflavoured Neat Nutrition Whey Protein
- 50g of gluten free flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder
- 100ml of fresh orange juice
- 100g of dried mixed fruit
For the topping:
- 100g of chocolate (alternatively, you could make your own).
Nutritionals per serving: 158; P = 10.6g, C = 13.2, F = 5.1g)*
*All calorie and macro calculations are estimates and will vary depending on portion size and ingredients used
This recipe was created for Neat by Hannah Potter. Hannah is a primary school teacher by day and a fitness and health food fanatic in her spare time. She loves to create healthy recipes that are retakes of those that are not so healthy, to make people see how eating healthily is tasty and fun. You can find her over on instagram at @_hannaheats.