Chunky Monkey Chickpea Cookie Dough
Rinse your chickpeas in cold water. Try to remove as many of the thin outer shells as possible. Although this is a little fiddly, the shells should pop off quite easily and we really recommend taking the time to do this as it really improves the texture and consistency.
Once the chickpeas are ready, place them in a food processer with your almond milk and blend well until it starts to become smooth.
Add in all other ingredients (apart from your nuts, chocolate and other add-in’s) and blend very well until the mixture is as smooth as possible, scraping down the sides when necessary.
Stir through your chunky additions of choice and serve or store in the fridge!
This recipe was created by Kathryn Armitage. Kathryn is the creator of lifestyle blog, A Healthy Wanderlust. Covering everything from culture and society to health and travel, check out her blog for a lot of seriously good food, opinionated rants and plans for world adventures. You can also find Kathryn on Instagram and Twitter.
- 5 scoops Neat Nutrition Naked Vegan Protein
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 heaped tbsp almond butter
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup organic greek yogurt or coconut yogurt to make dairy free
- ¾ tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 70g mashed banana (we used 1 squeeze pack of Ella’s mashed banana baby food!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Additional chunks of choice – we used a few handfuls of dark chocolate, cacao nibs, mixed nuts and dried fruit, all roughly chopped.
(Nutritionals per serving: Calories = 455; P = 54.8g, C = 34.9g, F = 11.5g)*
*All calorie and macro calculations are estimates and will vary depending on portion size and ingredients used