What is ZMA? #QoW
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
What is ZMA?
Our ZMA is a blend of magnesium, vitamin B6 and zinc. So what does each do and why does a ZMA supplement help you with recovery?
- Zinc assists with the maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood and helps keep the immune system running. It’s also important for maintaining hair, skin and nails.
- Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function and normal protein synthesis as well as the maintenance of teeth and bones. It can help reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamin B6 helps regulate normal hormonal activity and contributes to protein and glycogen metabolism.
The combination of all three of these ingredients are designed to help you with recovery but studies have also presented an increase in muscle strength in trained athletes when using ZMA. Studies have shown that ZMA helps you to achieve deeper levels of REM sleep, allowing you to recover more efficiently. REM sleep is also thought to help improve your memory.
- Get to Know our Ambassadors: Dr Nick
- Women's Health Series: Cervical Cancer and Screening
- How Do the Lungs Respond to Exercise?
- More Neat Ambassador’s Favourite Healthy Eateries in London
- 3 Outdoor HIIT Workouts for Spring
- 5 Green Shakes for St Patrick’s Day
- Technology and Your Best Life
- Women's Health Series: Contraception
- Balance Festival: What to Expect
- Protein Packed Substitutes for Your Favourite Chocolate Bars