13 Freaky Facts About The Human Body
Halloween has got to be one of our favourite celebrations - what could be better than spooky sweet treats, crazy costumes and scaring yourself silly? We’re getting ready for next week's scare-fest with these 13 unBOOlievable facts about the human body that are certain to creep you out… who knew our own bodies were so freaky?
- Babies are born with over 90 more bones than they'll have as adults.
- When you shed tears for different reasons, be that from sadness, happiness or a strong onion, they actually have different compositions.
- It takes 12 hours to completely digest your food.
- It’s nearly impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- You are shorter when you go to bed than you are when you wake up.
- There are mites living in your eyelashes.
- Your heart can keep beating outside of your body.
- Your mouth produces three pints of saliva daily.
- Your ears and nose will continue to grow your entire life.
- You blink approximately 8,000,000 each year.
- Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour – that’s more than ½ kg per year.
- When you blush, the lining of your stomach blushes too, turning red in colour.
- Fingerprints aren’t the only way to reveal someone’s identity; your tongue also has a print that’s completely unique to you.