When is the Best Time to Have Your Protein Shake? #QoW
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
When is the Best Time To Have Your Protein Shake?
This week's QoW comes from Instagrammer mrs.anna.c who asked when should you have your protein shake - is it better post or pre-workout, or can you have it any time?
Protein helps build and repair muscle, so having a shake right after your workout will help feed those muscles you've strained during exercise. Mixing your protein powder with water is the quickest way to get it into your system (around 20 minutes), but you can create whatever you like best using coconut water, almond milk or any other mixer you enjoy.
Really, there are no rules - its what works best for you. If you know you're going to get hungry in the afternoon, add some protein to a fruit or veg based shake to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Ultimate Boyband Playlist
- Sleep 2.0: Natalie Pennicotte-Collier
- Neat at Sweatlife!
- Get to Know Our Ambassadors: Amy Andrew
- Neat Café: The New Food!
- Why You're Not Seeing Results in the Gym
- 3 Healthy Dip Recipes
- SweatLife: What to Expect!
- The Best Places in London to Watch the Wimbledon Finals this Weekend
- Why Getting Outside is So Good for Your Health