When is the Best Time to Have Your Protein Shake? #QoW
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
When is the Best Time To Have Your Protein Shake?
This week's QoW comes from Instagrammer mrs.anna.c who asked when should you have your protein shake - is it better post or pre-workout, or can you have it any time?
Protein helps build and repair muscle, so having a shake right after your workout will help feed those muscles you've strained during exercise. Mixing your protein powder with water is the quickest way to get it into your system (around 20 minutes), but you can create whatever you like best using coconut water, almond milk or any other mixer you enjoy.
Really, there are no rules - its what works best for you. If you know you're going to get hungry in the afternoon, add some protein to a fruit or veg based shake to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Get to Know our Ambassadors: Dr Nick
- Women's Health Series: Cervical Cancer and Screening
- How Do the Lungs Respond to Exercise?
- More Neat Ambassador’s Favourite Healthy Eateries in London
- 3 Outdoor HIIT Workouts for Spring
- 5 Green Shakes for St Patrick’s Day
- Technology and Your Best Life
- Women's Health Series: Contraception
- Balance Festival: What to Expect
- Protein Packed Substitutes for Your Favourite Chocolate Bars