What’s The Difference Between Whey and Lean Protein? #QoW
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
What’s The Difference Between Whey and Lean Protein?
Our Whey and Lean Proteins have the same base product – whey protein. Sourced from milk, the curds and whey are separated and the whey is spray dried to give us a basis for our whey protein powder.
Where the two differ is in what’s added next. With our Lean Protein, we use Organic Matcha, L-Carnitine and CLA to give the protein a natural, fat-busting boost. Here’s how each helps with the development of lean muscle:
Matcha: Matcha contains catechins, a group of antioxidants which are also known as fat burners. Numerous studies have shown that drinking green tea can increase thermogenesis - our body's rate of burning calories.
L-Carnitine: An amino acid that’s produced by the body, L-Carnitine helps your body produce energy and helps break down fatty acids.
CLA: CLA is a naturally occurring fatty acid - we know that sounds counter-productive but studies suggest that it improves lean mass to body fat ratio by helping the body convert food more efficiently into energy.
So there you have it, Whey and Lean are a similar base product but Lean Protein has some extras to help you burn fat!
- Blast From The Past Workout Playlist
- 3 Protein Packed Unicorn Recipes
- A Lesson in Coffee With Ozone
- Get to Know Our Ambassadors: Nicole Harrison
- 5 Mental Health Benefits of Exercise
- Workout Motivation for New Mums
- Our 5 Favourite Healthy Ingredients That Aren't Just For Eating!
- Neat Sponsors Nuts Over The Atlantic
- Neat at Balance Festival
- The Best Walks in the City