What’s The Difference Between Whey and Lean Protein? #QoW
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
What’s The Difference Between Whey and Lean Protein?
Our Whey and Lean Proteins have the same base product – whey protein. Sourced from milk, the curds and whey are separated and the whey is spray dried to give us a basis for our whey protein powder.
Where the two differ is in what’s added next. With our Lean Protein, we use Organic Matcha, L-Carnitine and CLA to give the protein a natural, fat-busting boost. Here’s how each helps with the development of lean muscle:
Matcha: Matcha contains catechins, a group of antioxidants which are also known as fat burners. Numerous studies have shown that drinking green tea can increase thermogenesis - our body's rate of burning calories.
L-Carnitine: An amino acid that’s produced by the body, L-Carnitine helps your body produce energy and helps break down fatty acids.
CLA: CLA is a naturally occurring fatty acid - we know that sounds counter-productive but studies suggest that it improves lean mass to body fat ratio by helping the body convert food more efficiently into energy.
So there you have it, Whey and Lean are a similar base product but Lean Protein has some extras to help you burn fat!
- Women's Health Series: Amenorrhoea or Absent Periods
- Rihanna Workout Playlist
- How to Keep Organised as a Busy Mum
- All You Need To Know About Surfcations
- Get to Know our Ambassadors: Dr Nick
- Women's Health Series: Cervical Cancer and Screening
- How Do the Lungs Respond to Exercise?
- More Neat Ambassador’s Favourite Healthy Eateries in London
- 3 Outdoor HIIT Workouts for Spring
- 5 Green Shakes for St Patrick’s Day