Do I Have to Mix My Protein Powder with Water?
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
Do I Have to Mix My Protein with Water?
No! You don’t even have to mix it with liquid at all. It’s completely up to you how you use your protein powder and how it fits into your lifestyle.
Mixing with water and drinking after a gym session will get the amino acids in the protein to your muscles quicker than anything else. It’s here that they will start work on repairing your muscles and aiding recovery. But if that’s not your thing, you can start your morning with a shake mixed with almond milk and fruits/veggies that will keep you feeling satiated until lunch.
Alternatively, you can check out all our amazing recipes and make some protein balls for your mid-afternoon snack, start your weekend with protein pancakes or make a vegan soup for dinner. The only limit to the way you can use your protein powder is your imagination!
- Get to Know our Ambassadors: Dr Nick
- Women's Health Series: Cervical Cancer and Screening
- How Do the Lungs Respond to Exercise?
- More Neat Ambassador’s Favourite Healthy Eateries in London
- 3 Outdoor HIIT Workouts for Spring
- 5 Green Shakes for St Patrick’s Day
- Technology and Your Best Life
- Women's Health Series: Contraception
- Balance Festival: What to Expect
- Protein Packed Substitutes for Your Favourite Chocolate Bars