What Can I Mix My Protein Shake With? #QoW
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
What Can I Mix My Protein Shake With?
This is a question we get asked a lot at events we go to. In essence, you can be as inventive as you like, just keep in mind some simple info: If you mix your protein powder with water, it will reach your muscles much speedier and thus start repairing quicker. When you mix your protein with milk, it will become slow releasing due to the mix of curds and whey in the milk (curds are the slow release part). In short, it will take longer to digest and longer to get to your muscles.
So by all means, try milk, almond milk, coconut milk, adding it to a smoothie, fruits, veggies – whatever works for you. But water will set the protein to work fastest.
- Get to Know our Ambassadors: Dr Nick
- Women's Health Series: Cervical Cancer and Screening
- How Do the Lungs Respond to Exercise?
- More Neat Ambassador’s Favourite Healthy Eateries in London
- 3 Outdoor HIIT Workouts for Spring
- 5 Green Shakes for St Patrick’s Day
- Technology and Your Best Life
- Women's Health Series: Contraception
- Balance Festival: What to Expect
- Protein Packed Substitutes for Your Favourite Chocolate Bars